Sunday, August 16, 2009

A Quick update, while I have the energy...

Sunday, August 16, 2009 – Milan to Paris

** Posting this quick snippet from the window of our hotel in Paris, getting free WiFi off of one of the apartments. I hope to post more later, including some pictures, but now we're off for the hunt...Crepes! **

It’s the last hour of a 7 hour train ride to Paris, and I finally got up enough energy to do some writing. I’m anticipating a quick update to the blog today, if I’m lucky. What usually happens is that by the time I find the internet, I have time to upload anything, or I’ve had no energy to document the previous day’s escapades. I have, however, been able to keep up with the archiving of the photos, (even though I haven’t been able to post any!) probably because I’m taking less and less pictures as the trip wears on – my patience and level of tolerance for the heat being the cause. Observations and random thoughts are about all I can manage at this point.

Things that I wish I’d packed:
Talcum powder – that small bottle I hemmed and hawed over would’ve fit perfectly in my purse for a quick pick me up and to cut down on the stick-factor. There’s only so much that a make-up towelette can do for you – it may eliminate the stench, but it does nothing for the stick-factor.

More shorts – I only packed one pair of real shorts, meaning the legs fall at mid thigh. I did bring 3 pair of Bermuda shorts, but it was waaaay to hot to wear them. Trying to buy shorts over here is like trying to make a snowman in Jamaica – it ain’t happenin’. Even if the stores were OPEN, all the clothing is LONG! Do they even need boots in Italy? Maybe if you’re going skiing…in the winter! What gives?

Which leads me to the list of things I’m going to do when I get home, just BECAUSE I CAN:
Drive my car! - This mass transit thing is over-rated and getting OLD.

Drive my car…to the MALL! - I’m giddy at the thought of a collection of stores all in one place, and open past 6 pm! And I’m even going to go all the way to the ‘fancy’ mall….BECAUSE I CAN!

Milan was crazy hot, and it didn’t help that we stayed at Hotel Hades – in the only room without air conditioning. The hotel Demo is right by the train station – a great thing when you’re leaving on a train at 6:40 the next day. NOT a great thing when you need sleep, and as you may have seen a movie or two, not the best type of people hang outside the train station past dark. When the kids start singing Aerosmith's "Duuuude looks like a lay-day!" then you know it's a dicey spot...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting with us! Hope you enjoy the trip too!