Sunday, December 13, 2009

"I'm with the Band!"


The blog has taken a turn! Although I still intend on adding information and pictures from our previous and very lengthy and exciting European adventure, I'm prepping our massive audience to keep up with our travails in the next few weeks as we conquer... Disney World!

Austin and his tuba, well, sousaphone, technically, will be traveling with the Gates Chili Marching Band to Orlando Florida to march in the Citrus Bowl parade AND to perform in the SpectroMagic Parade, as well as sing in the choir for the Candlelight Processional.

What is a SpectroMagic Parade, you ask? Well, according to the Disney web page:
"The SpectroMagic Parade is a dazzling nighttime procession filled with brilliantly lit Disney Characters and floats at the Magic Kingdom Theme Park." with marching bands.... (I added that part!)

I say, "It's like Las Vegas...on wheels!" with marching bands... (I added that part too.)
I'm having deja vu, as this is the same trip I took in HS! We marched in the Centennial parade- it's all so foggy now. I'll have to dig out the old 1/2 vhs to see what Dad taped. Now if I only had VCR....

But anyway, we are all traveling together; a wonderful test of the traveling spirit to spend 23 hours on a bus that you aren't driving and can't stop if you want it to. The plus side of riding the bus instead of driving your car is that you get to walk up and down the aisle on your way to the bathroom, which after 12 hours with 38 other people can be a good or a bad thing to have on a bus that's not going to stop when you want it to.

Luckily, Emma and I are "followers" so we get to be on the bus that has all the Big People - parents and siblings of band members. Now I can say in all truthfulness, "I'm with the Band!" Mike however is chaperoning, and gets to ride 23 hours on a bus with the kids. Bless his heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting with us! Hope you enjoy the trip too!